Your kitchen is the heart of your house that should always be clean. However, many people giving up once they see something hard to be cleaned. Besides, there is a lot of ways how to clean stove top grates cast iron. With simple tools and simple ways to do.
Basically, people will try to use the cleansing paste and just wiped them right to the stove. Unfortunately, many people still struggling to have a better result and there is always some dirt left on the stove. In fact, you can use a lot of materials to clean your kitchen and stove.
Table of Contents
Simple Ways to Clean Stove
1. Regular cleaning
The regular cleaning is the most common ways to clean the stove. Every cast iron grate required a proper cleansing method. You can use this method and directly scrubbed them off with the steel grill brush. This process required hot water for better result.
- Prepare hot water to clean the stove.
- You can add fat to remove dirt.
- Start by gently cleaning the cast iron gates including the burner using the hot water and stiff brush.
- Make sure if they get cleaned in one season.
- Cover up the surface on your stove with the fat that you already choice.
- Bake the stove at 350 Fahrenheit degree for at least 30 to 45 minutes.
- Cool them up and wait. After that start to re-grease the surface.
- Bake the stove and fat again for the second time at 450 Fahrenheit degree. Wait for 45 minutes for better result.
- You need to repeat the process until the dirt has gone.
2. Deep cleaning
Using the deep cleaning method would require a short time with the use of simple tools. You do not need a lot of things and the step also the process is quite short. Before you start to begin, prepare the ammonia, plastic bag with a large size, water, scrubbing pad, and dry towel.
- You need to remove the burner grate and start to place them inside a plastic bag.
- For a large grate try to use a sturdy trash bag that would help to keep the dirt efficiently.
- Start to add a cup of ammonia for each of the bag. Add enough water on top to cover the entire grate.
- You need to tie the bag to let the ammonia and water not to leak out the plastic bag. Some people will try to use a Ziploc bags.
- Try to allow the grates for sitting in the ammonia and water. Mix them up and left overnight.
- You can open the bag next day. Start to clean the sink once you already finish with all the steps above.
- Scrub every spot that is looks dirty by using a scrubbing pad. During the process, they should come off faster and easily.
- For the last step, rinse them well with water and dry with towel.
3. Removing rust
During this process, about how to clean stove top grates cast iron by removing rust you will need several materials to do. There must be steel grill brush, a cloth or fabric, oil, and water. The material will be mixed and help to remove the grates.
- Start by scrubbing the dirt with a steel grill brush. Wait until it all removed.
- Once you finish to covered up the surface with all of the material. Gently rinse them all with hot water.
- The last step to do is to let them dry. You can use a secondhand cloth or fabric to dry the stove.
4. Cleaning degreaser
The cleansing degreaser would be using a soaking method. It would gently remove the dirt and grates easily even with a simple step to do.
- Start to use degreaser and soak the grates directly until the surface appears wet.
- Try to use enough or a lot of degreaser for a useful way. Make sure if it can stay wet during the soaking process.
- The degreaser would need to sit for 15 to 30 minutes and depend on the level of grates.
- Make sure if you always check back frequently to control of the grates are keep in wet condition.
- Apply more greaser once you found the grates is about to dry and wait for 30 minutes.
- Scrub them all with a proper scrubbing tool.
- Scrubbing using a steel wool would be beneficial that can help you to clean easily.
5. Using ammonia fumes
Ammonia fumes known as one of the best materials for how to clean stove gates cast iron on your stove. Before you start to use this method go check for the size of the grates. It will help you to choose for an appropriate the size of the bag that will be used.
- Try to use several sizes of Ziplock bags for better ways to do.
- Once you finish to choose the bag, try to add the ammonia inside the bag.
- Seal the bag tight that can help to keep the fumes locked inside.
- You will not be using the liquid ammonia at least the fumes will buildup and causing the grime to loosen by the time.
- It may take 3 hours to clean the grates. Some people will let the grate to sit overnight.
- You can use 59ml ammonia to do this method.
- Once you tend to choose larger bag, you can use around 470ml of ammonia.
- The last step is to remove and start rinsing the grates with warm water.
The secret behind the ways how to clean stove top grates cast iron is amazing. When you can use a lot of different things with simple mixing method. Most of the step above can be done easily and only takes couple of minutes to be done.
Yes, it is safe to do. Yet you can choose this option for better, easiest, and faster ways to do.
Most of the steps above would only take 10 to 15 minutes for all the process. Including for the mixing process between each material.
1 thought on “How to Clean Stove Top Grates Cast Iron”
Is there a product that is easily used to clean stove top cast iron burner grates?